Getting a new harman p35i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctcarl

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2014
Connecticut
I have a fast question. I have reed all the stickys.What I am Confused on is the oak system the same as telling the installers that I want a air Intake?or are they 2 different systems? My reason for asking is the ef3 I am trading In Has major airflow problems. It has no air Intake attached and with the damper wide open still have a tall lazy orange flame and smokes up the glass to black. Don't want any problems with my new haram.thanx all

I believe they are talking about the same thing. Get the OAK without a doubt! I installed mine with the attached cap, pricey but in my opinion worth it.

Attachments

• PVP_PrairieCap and Increaser_W.pdf
    197.2 KB · Views: 544
I believe they are talking about the same thing. Get the OAK without a doubt! I installed mine with the attached cap, pricey but in my opinion worth it.
Thank you very much. Here's a pic of the cap I have now. Wonder if that's it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 150
Nice choice. I've been really pleased with my P35i. Read the manual carefully before installation. As far as OAK termination, Harman is pretty black and white in the manual about keeping the air intake a minimum of 4 feet below the exhaust termination and to have a vent of sorts at the flashing plate to let fresh air into the chase. Harman sells a SS chimney that's designed to do this or however else you'd like to do it.

Attachments

• p35i oak.jpg
    p35i oak.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 112
Nice choice. I've been really pleased with my P35i. Read the manual carefully before installation. As far as OAK termination, Harman is pretty black and white in the manual about keeping the air intake a minimum of 4 feet below the exhaust termination and to have a vent of sorts at the flashing plate to let fresh air into the chase. Harman sells a SS chimney that's designed to do this or however else you'd like to do it.
Thank you for that. I have been researching stoves for the past 6 months the p35i should be perfect for me.i also love the fact that it made America like my cars.minus the wife's volvo. Xc90 lol. I have 1800 sqft. 2 bedrooms on top 2 on the bottom. My previous stove I bought used and had no choice.ive been reading the owners manual online and also reading here as well. Also the you tube vids. I'm really excited about it.

My dealer had the same exact concern you are mentioning. He sent the specs of the cap to Harman for their OK before installing the stove. They said it was fine. I do not think this cap has been out for long and therefore is not shown in their manual. If you look at the venting of the cap the OA is being pulled the same as on my cap, the only difference is that my pipe goes to the source of the OA instead of sucking the air down the chimney.

Thank you very much. Here's a pic of the cap I have now. Wonder if that's it?
Can only tell by looking at it directly

Status
Not open for further replies.