Getting plans for my first ever install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
I had a post early about a Avalon pedelton. Now I am getting a parts list to try and install this thing into my fir place. What information do I need to get sono can order the correct things and are there any good videos or site to check out to help me.

Hope these help

Attachments

• 20191024_192037.jpg
    20191024_192037.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20191024_192500.jpg
    20191024_192500.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20191024_192720.jpg
    20191024_192720.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 104
From what I can tell the tile flue is 8x8. The door opening is 33x6. And the stove is small compared to the fire place so I know that will fit. And the flange if neck on the back of the insert is 6". The chimney is at a angle like a 45 or so its brick for a little bit past the door thing then the tile starts.

Looks similar to mine when I installed my enviro last year. You need to grind the metal away some to fit the insulated liner up. I also had to knock out a couple bricks on the back too. I made a somewhat block off plate by cutting the damper in half then putting two half circles in each side and stuffing safe and sound up the cavity then putting the metal back up to hold it all in place. probably some self tapping screws to secure the liner to the stove top.

You are doing almost the exact same thing I am doing right now. Check out my thread.

I have the same damper except the plate was removed. Took me all of 4 min to cut the back steel bar with a recip saw, stuck a chisel underneath and it popped right out. It is almost cast iron, and with the years of heating/cooling, was pretty brittle. Took the same 14" chisel and hit the mortar joints on the 2 back top bricks, in less than 5 min they were out. Left me with almost 10" of clearance to fit the insulated liner through.

You will see in my thread I am in the process of breaking out my existing terra cotta liner. Your install of course will be different, but the size of your existing liner may not fit an insulated SS liner. Good time to look at the top of your chimney to inspect the crown and the joints on the masonry structure (if that's what you have). Post some exterior photos and we can advise.