Getting used to englander 30 Hit 85 two days in a row now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dondude

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2007
marine city mi
Installed my englander 30 on friday trying to get used to air control settings. Only put bare minimum of wood in it and roasting out family. Last night got down to 28 woke up at 5 am fired her up 68 in house . Two small splits in stove with some skid wood to get her goin. Holy crap this thing kicks the heat once up to fire. Can't believe how much heat it produces on so little wood. Keep goin outside to see only steam rising from chimney. So use to seeing smoke from old smoke dragon. Hit 85 two days in a row now. Guess i can stop ragging on wife for getting house so hot before. Gonna really enjoy this winter.

Nothing like the heat of a wood stove when its cold outside. It's amazing how I need it 65 degrees inside during the summer, but love it when my stove keeps the house 75 during the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.