Glad to be back in my warm house!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Pencil

Oct 30, 2008
Tipp City, Ohio
After spending a week at my sister-in-laws with a house, that only uses a boiler heater with small radiators, kept at 68 degrees with no fireplace. There was no place to just warm up after being outside.

Even though I have an oil boiler system with the old cast iron radiators with my home thermostat set at 64 degrees and not the best insulation due to built in the 1840's I have a room were I can get warm and toasty.

It's nice to have a pellet stove.

I agree Bantam...I can come in from being outside shoveling or whatever, and I warm up so much quicker than with the oil heat we used to use. Plus it's just so nice and toasty and....ahhhhhhh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.