Go Ahead and Over Fire Your Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the difficulty with installing a probe thermometer. Mine took all of two minutes to get out the drill, load a drill bit and drill 1 small hole. Went through the double wall pipe like butter. The thermometer (Condor) is magnetic and needs no attachment screws.

BeGreen said:
I'm not understanding the difficulty with installing a probe thermometer. Mine took all of two minutes to get out the drill, load a drill bit and drill 1 small hole. Went through the double wall pipe like butter. The thermometer (Condor) is magnetic and needs no attachment screws.

difficult was the wrong word...I thought by piercing the side of the double wall flue one could compromise its high temperature rating (one of the safety reasons to get it, right).

I used a nail set and put just a tiny dimple so I didn't get the drill bit skating down the pipe. It was very easy to do. Every time I walk past the stove I just glance at both thermometers just to see how things are cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.