Godin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

godin

Sep 5, 2022
bristol
I have just purchased a very old Godin woodburner, in perfect condition, it is a Godin 342, that has a 8cm exhaust pipe coming out of the back of the fire, does anyone know what size stainless steel flue I need to put up my chimney?

8cm...are you sure about that? That is only 3.15"...is it a tiny boat or tent stove, something like that?

Last edited:
8cm...are you sure about that? That is only 3.15"...is it a tiny boat or tent stove, something like that?
Yes its is definately 8cm, it is a small inset woodburning fire, I have attached pictures.

Front of wood burner.png Back of woodburner.png

Reactions: brenndatomu
I don't know the stove, but it looks more like a coal stove to me. Does it have a riddling or shaker grate in it?

Guise is a commune in the Aisne department in Hauts-de-France in northern France.
"As you please" would be something like: "Comme vous voulez."

Lol. I've been there (more or less). Beautiful.
Though google maps tells me they have a McDonalds too... :-(

Yes, it's a nice agricultural region. "A Guise Aisne" means In Guise Aisne. The history behind this stove factory is quite interesting. The factory was eventually taken over by Le Creuset cookware in the 1950s.

Last edited:
Reactions: godin