Going to have my P-61 installed monday.....hope all goes well!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad0351

Jun 17, 2011
SW New Hampshire
Gonna help with the installation....should have some pics later this week....
Kind of excited to get it all set and ready to roll!!.....looking forward to telling big oil to "stick it".....;-)

Congrats... Your gonna love it. I can make it a little more than 3 yrs on a single full (Propane). Used to go through 3-4 tanks a year.
When we bought the Quadrafire 3 yrs ago. We originally thought that we would just reduce our Propane usage by around 50%. Was only a couple days after having the thermostat on our furnace, set a couple degrees lower than the pellet stove, that we realized we no longer had to use the furnace at all. It was merely a back-up system. Fast forward to now. We bought a Bio-Mass furnace (Fahrenhiet) and a Big Wood stove, both this year. The wood stove I am gonna burn 24/7 also (basement) and only use the Fahrenhiet if the Wood stove turns out to be a Bust. I have a Good feeling that I will be selling the Fahrenhiet this Winter.
You are gonna love this pellet thing.. It becomes quite the addiction. But who can blame you. When you save $thousands$ a year (we are currently around $2,500-$3,000 a year) You will want to find ways to save more (insulation, caulking, general house sealing/eliminating drafts).

Looking forward to the pics. Can't wait to see them. Your gonna love it. Sounds like the "bug" may have a hold of you already. LOL.

Welcome to the club! We love our pellet stoves.
Bet you're waiting for cold weather to try it out, aren't you…but some cool nights will give you the opportunity for some test runs.

I think I do have the bug!.....I have been all over the place seeing who sells what for pellets in my area.....

Anyone from sw new hampshire have a secret dealer to share??? :)

bad0351 said:
.....I have been all over the place seeing who sells what for pellets in my area.....

Remember.....DO NOT buy any large quantity until you test each brand. After you find all the local dealers, buy 2-3 bags of all the different brands, even if the price per bag is a little high.....you might find out later that a pellet that's a few dollars more per ton will burn better in your stove.

I know this is tough this time of year to be "testing", but have the pellets on hand to do some test burning in the fall when the nighttime temps start falling. You might even get "lucky" and get a few summertime nights that are colder and rainy that might work.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics.

Hello

Good luck with the new P-61 and let's see some pics? Here is one of my pics

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.