gonna have a hard time breaking this habit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
our 1 year old little girl has officially claimed the hearth as her perch. fire season starts soon....

2017-08-31 (1).JPG
2017-10-01 (46).JPG

She likes it as much as you do. Not to hijack your thread, but that carpet is super close to your stove. Is that a hearth rug on top of a good hearth?

that's a plywood box with carpet on it. i put that on the hearth so she didn't smash herself up while learning to crawl and walk. i'm thinking i need to build a new platform for her in the middle of the room so she can maintain her perch!

that's a plywood box with carpet on it. i put that on the hearth so she didn't smash herself up while learning to crawl and walk. i'm thinking i need to build a new platform for her in the middle of the room so she can maintain her perch!
#awesomedad

#awesomedad
You are an awesome Dad, she'll be posting here soon enough. I'd definitely replace that hearth with something non-combustible.