Good Deal ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce P

Aug 10, 2015
Whiting NJ
My local woodstove shop has a display model Jotul F600 in enamel that they say has only been fired up a few times. It was supposed to be blue/black but came out all black.They are willing to sell it to me for under 2500. Is this a good deal ? They are super nice people and are not trying to push this deal, I was looking at several stoves and they mentioned it.

Reactions: firemn260
Sounds decent. When you say black if it is enameled, it could just be the light. The blue black enamel takes on different colors depending on the light. In orangey or reddish light it will look black. Its real color shows in direct sunlight.

Reactions: Bruce P
That's what I paid last year for my F600 display model in matte black that had never been fired. Add a little to yours for enamel then subtract a little for its having been fired. Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Bruce P
Jotul doesn't have a Black Enamel, it's either flat black or Blue/Black. Blue/Black is a fabulous finish, I'd buy another one!

Offer $2300, cash.

I sold a 1 year old brown majolica Oslo for $2,000. FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.