Good dealer in Southeastern MA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Careful, We had the understanding that when we purchased the installation from Acushnet, they would pull the permit. No permit was pulled. Our wires are laying on our sleave, not good. We allready had a total loss house fire, and this is the reason we purchased a stove, to replace our wood stove. So now we have another fire hazard thanks to them. We have found them to be completely unprofessional!!

We went to Woodstoves and Fireplaces Unlimited, and purchased a beautiful stove. They took good care of us, true professionals. We purchased the Avalon Arbor. Not installed yet, have to fix the wires, but looking forward to lighting it up.

Woodstoves and Fireplaces Unlimited has been around for year's. They have a very nice Store and know their stuff about Stoves. They are a little high on Pellet prices. But they treat you like a real customer. I have bought Pellets and other things from them. They are very helpful when loading pellets by bag when you only have a small Truck.

Hey guys just wanted to give you an update the Installer in Southeastern Massachusetts (ACUSHNET) is still doing installs in Towns without pulling a permit. Make sure you see a PERMIT before all work is started.

passthepuck said:
I ordered a stove, back in Aug. After a couple months of lies..ie, the truck broke down, they didn't send your stove, they finally scheduled to install this past Tues. they were supposed to be there at 12, and I received a call at 2, telling me the manufacturer sent the wrong stove. They assured me that he stove was of the same quality, and It was so much like the one I ordered, I agreed for them to bring it to my house for the install so I could see it. The stove was a cheap "Home Depot" like version. i told them I did not want that stove, that the quality was so poor, and they are now demanding a 20% fee. Dealing with the owner has been extremely frustrating. This was supposed to be my winters heat source. Im out at this time over $3,000. 3 kids, one in college, I'm a little worried.

I can understand your frustration with delayed delivery and receipt of a different stove. Having gone through similar delays, I was concerned that we were being 'toyed' with. It's a significant out-lay of cash, and with oil prices so volatile, I was getting pretty near the nail-biting stage myself. But I have to say this about our dealer; they were straight forward with answers, communication was as up-front as could be. We agreed to have a stove installed that was not the exact one that we ordered. When that stove didn't operate the way it should, our dealer addressed the resolution right away, like in one day! We had a replacement by the end of that week.

I think that Hudson River Stoveworks has had some difficulties with manufacturing and shipping. This has put the dealers between a rock and a hard place, some having lost a lot of business as a result. However unfortunate this is, it's a real trick for dealers to keep the new customers they have, and not compound the problem by being arrogant and non-communicative. The owner of our dealer actually told me that he's 'blessed' to have great customers like us (he appreciated our patience & understanding), but really, the man is blessed with the gift of fantastic customer service skills. After reading your post, I appreciate our dealer so much more. It could have been a nightmare!

I actually contacted Hudson River. The had 14 of the stove that i had ordered, and they were sitting on a truck, and they had been trying to get ahold of Acushnet for a week at that point. So they could have had my stove. Hudson River had them ready to deliver. Acushnet dropped the ball. I did get great customer service at our Middleboro dealership. Unfortunately it has led to a law suit at this point. Great customer service is everything!!!!

passthepuck, I'm really surprised that the folks at Hudson River spoke with you about this. When I called back in early October to inquire about the delay in our stove delivery, they would not speak with me. They said that it's their policy not to speak with the homeowner. Perhaps that has changed in lieu of lost business?

I would think so. They as a manufacturer are liable in law suits. You have a dealer who is not properly liscenced, and they are not providing product and service as they say. This can damage a manufacturer terribly. I was able to speak directly to his sales representative, and I found them to be very easy to deal with.

Aushnet Alternative Heating

Is quite new to Stove/Pellet Sales. They started off very good. Then they got to Big too Fast and forgot about Customer Service. You call them and you lucky if they answer the Phone. I would like for the owner to post on this web and explain why things have gone on like this for his co.

Questions listed below:

(1) Do you have a License and what is the Number.

(2) What towns have you pulled permits?

(3) Why do you charge a 20% Restocking fee.

(4) During installation why does it take weeks to get the stove installed right?

(5) Did the State send you a letter that you were not Licensed to install stoves.

(6) Did you if fact keep installing stoves after being told you did not have the proper License?

MA Lic #99755 unrestricted construction supervisors Lic
HIC card #161656 specialty lic for solid fuel installations

We have NEVER EVER failed an inspection in 4 years of service, please contact any local inspector about our installations

We just like every other stove shop do not physically pick up the permit applications but we do fill them out and or provide the customer with the information to get their permits and we do submit permits for customers on some occasions unfortunately this year was tough with sales being so crazy. We have tried hard to provide customers service but this year was difficult with our suppliers leaving us in the dark and not giving us the proper information for us to respond to you again we apologize for this. We have and continue to pull permits in every town throughout mass.

(Inappropriate content deleted by moderator)

Folks, these forums are really not the appropriate venue in which to pursue your personal beefs. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.