Good deed of the month.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great story - too bad you don't have a pic of his face when you pulled up with the splitter!:)

Thanks guys, all great replies, i feel even better now!

A few years ago we had a very heavy snow of about 30 inches, which we don't normally get here. My driveway is about 250 feet long, and I was kind of running out of steam (don't laugh at me, I'm old), and I could see the youngsters across the road ploughing out their lane. I waved a couple of times, looking forlorn, but no soap. I would have paid them to finish up, I have a lymphedema issue with one arm. Along came some mangy looking hoofer, he offered to help, I was down to the hard icy stuff from the state road crew, and he wouldn't take any money. I learned he was hitch-hiking back to Westminster, a good 15 miles or so. Soon as he got the rest of driveway clear, I gave him a ride to town. Maybe not the smartest thing for a lone woman to do, but I think we both benefitted that day. Sometimes you have to turn it over to a higher power and believe in the Good.

Almost every snow storm I go and randomly plow some driveways of strangers if I have some extra time to be out goofing around in my plow truck. Last November we were out of town and we had a major storm dump a lot of snow while my wife and I were away. As we were making our way up the mountain the snow kept getting deeper and deeper the higher we went. We were talking on the way up about how bad the hike into our house was going to be in 3 feet of snow. I was so surprised to see that someone cleared my drive with a snow blower.
Great that you were able to pay it forward to someone that needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.