Good Gloves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tcassavaugh said:
Just wondering if anyone has found a pair of long wearing gloves. I seem go through a pair ever month or two from handling the wood. Most of the time its just in the fingertips. I got Wells Lamant high dollar gloves and Walmart low end and I don't seem to make much difference. I've gotten pigskin, cowhide, goatskin and buckskin and none seem to do the trick any better than the others. I got some this summer that were synthetic backing with leather fingertips and palms. They weren't too bad but cost quite a bit.....well to me anyway. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone has found some good ones

Nope.....been wearing them all out pretty fast. I duct tape the fingers at least once before discarding.

FYI Harbor Freight has a lot of their gloves on sale for February!

Haven't found any good ones yet. I thought they were wearing out fast because I was buying the cheap stuff so I started buying $15/pair gloves and they wore holes in the fingers in 2-3 days of hard work in the wood pile. I went back to buying the cheap gloves and just replace them when they wear out.

Alan

i just bought a $5.00 pair of Wells Lamant Heavy Duty (Yeah, Right) Work gloves. Thought I'd give them a try for the price. if i get a month out of them, then its a good investment.

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.