Good Morning America-Save on Heat This Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
Save on Heat This Winter

I generally as a rule of thumb don't watch Good Morning Liberal America, But as I was flicking through the channels this video was on.
Thought this might interest some of you.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5574287&page=1

A good report. That's why I chose a wood stove over pellets, no electricity needed.

Jukeboxfun said:
A good report. That's why I chose a wood stove over pellets, no electricity needed.

That was a huge factor for me as well. Lost power for 6 days during an ice storm back in 1997. Thank god for the old smoke dragon we use to have!

Let us not also forget the big ice storm of 76! Some area were without power for up to 2 months.

Methinks lots of folks are thinking of something to cut down on their heating bills, but then there are others who just forget the whole thing during the time when they don't need heat. Then there are those who will put the stove in without thought about fuel....until it is needed. Then it is not seasoned and their first year burning leaves them with a sour taste and they think they only lost more money by installing all that stuff and now return to oil or gas heat. Sad for those folks indeed.

Much thought should go into some of these things before getting started. It is not as simple as put in a stove (that the stove guy recommends), go get some wood and touch a match to it.

As for me and my family, we'll be toasty warm this winter and even if we don't put up any wood this winter, we'll still have plenty of seasoned wood left for next year, and the next, and the next....

Status
Not open for further replies.