Good morning, I'm new to this forum.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwillk

Sep 30, 2014
USA
I have a Hearthstone Tribute wood burning stove. I bought it second hand and there was no paperwork with it. Is there a way to determine how old the stove is? Thanks.

Is there an information placard on the back? Mine (not a Hearthstone) has a metal plate with the stove's information, including the year it was manufactured, clearance diagrams, and more. Even the 80's Kent Tile Fire I used to have had this info.

However, I'm a new guy. You should check the back of the stove, then just ignore me if there's nothing there.

Is there an information placard on the back? Mine (not a Hearthstone) has a metal plate with the stove's information, including the year it was manufactured, clearance diagrams, and more. Even the 80's Kent Tile Fire I used to have had this info.

However, I'm a new guy. You should check the back of the stove, then just ignore me if there's nothing there.

Thanks russb. The tag was there just as you suggested. As was the date of manufacture.

Well, now we need to know, how old is your baby?

I was manufactured in April of 2009.

That's amazing...at 5½ y/o you're posting here on Hearth.com. Gotta be a new record! :eek:

I saw that too, was giving the new guy a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.