Good score on free wood !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Hearth Supporter
Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
had a neighbor log out about 50 or 60 oaks. of course they left all the tops. all white, red ,and black oak I could be wrong but it looks to me like there would be around 15 or so cords of wood there......not sure, but it's there for free. I cut one load of wood for him, for every three loads I take....all oak...got ot love it !!

Always nice to get allmost free wood when you can. Your sharing with him sounds about right. :)

Wood Wacker, that is a great find, especially because it is oak. I also "sold" some firewood and 3-1 is also the deal we worked out. Both parties were happy. Saved me some work and got the guy some good firewood.

Nice thing about the tops is minimal splitting. Won't be ready for this year though, but nice score! KD

I'll sell 15 facecord of poplar for $50 a piece and use that to buy a load of twenty face cords of good hardwood logs. A few fun days with the Angry Beaver (homemade processor) and we're set! Times are looking good.

I'd like to see pics of that processor. KD

good score wood wacker...tops are the best no splitting. I'd load up on that all summer if I were you. Better than money in the bank.

kd460 said:
I'd like to see pics of that processor. KD

I'll work on that as time allows. It'll be awhile. No current picture posting savvy. I do have easyshare with files in jpg (?) format if anyone wants to walk me thru it- give me a pm. Got the plans off e-bay. It showed me everything I DIDN"T want. Hope to produce my own plans.
Thanks-Ken

savageactor7 said:
good score wood wacker...tops are the best no splitting. I'd load up on that all summer if I were you. Better than money in the bank.

Yep, wood is unsplit, or soon to be split gold!!

3:1 must be the magic ratio; I did it (on the other side) once before, when we had our building site cleared and I didn't yet have much experience cutting and splitting. I did get my 25% split for me also, which was nice at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.