Good service from Woodsmanspartplus.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Needed a new fixed center grate for my stove and found that http://www.woodsmanspartplus.com has just about every part for this stove at a competitive price.. I balked at the S&H/insurance price however they still were slightly cheaper than the rest I found.. The part took 2 days to get here via FEDEX and I installed it today and it fit perfectly.. If anyone else needs a part especially for an old CDW like mine I highly recommend you check them out..

Ray

Attachments

• 2010 03 23 Woodstove replace center fixed grate 007 (Small).jpg
    2010 03 23 Woodstove replace center fixed grate 007 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 295
VCBurner said:
Hey Ray,

Looks good man! I've heard good things about Woodsmanpartsplus. I won't be afraid to order something from them after all the good reviews.

Thanx Chris!
I emailed Woodsmanspartplus and asked if they cast their own parts and they replied that they do exactly that and they stock over 13,000 parts!! When I took the bottom inner cast iron out to access the center fixed grate it still looks like new under the inner bottom.. FYI when I recieved the new part there was a note attached instructing to season the new part and instructions on how to do this... A nice touch I thought as I didn't think this was necessary when just replacing a single part.. My local stove shop told me to use Woodsman's so that was good advice..

Ray

PS: How is your stove working for you? Time for an update! :)

raybonz said:
VCBurner said:
Hey Ray,

Looks good man! I've heard good things about Woodsmanpartsplus. I won't be afraid to order something from them after all the good reviews.

Thanx Chris!
I emailed Woodsmanspartplus and asked if they cast their own parts and they replied that they do exactly that and they stock over 13,000 parts!! When I took the bottom inner cast iron out to access the center fixed grate it still looks like new under the inner bottom.. FYI when I recieved the new part there was a note attached instructing to season the new part and instructions on how to do this... A nice touch I thought as I didn't think this was necessary when just replacing a single part.. My local stove shop told me to use Woodsman's so that was good advice..

Ray

PS: How is your stove working for you? Time for an update! :)
Hey Ray,
I haven't been around here since getting back to work. But, I have been burning some of my wet wood to keep the furnace from turning on. The stove is heating the house well. The true test will be next year with seasoned wood and really low temps. I don't expect to get a good cat fire going with the wood I split in December, though. For now I'm just trying not to burn oil. I'm still using the 100 gallons I got back in late November. Though, I must say, we've had a few nights with the furnace heating the house since I got back to work. As you know, with temps have being really mild, almost reaching 70 here a couple of times, the house temps are going up to 72-73 without any sort of heating. But, we've also had a lot of rain, flooding, and lack of sun. Those days, I had fires going and the stove has heated the house more than enough. I won't be able to properly operate this stove until my wood is seasoned. It is really wet! We still have about 50 gallons in the oil tank. If I can help it, we won't get any oil until next heating season.

yep, same here. i had a very nice person on the phone and they sent me the right stuff the first time. prices are good also. they had everything i needed for my hearthstone 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.