Good shop in NJ or Eastern PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sako1

Aug 27, 2007
Hello,

Can someone direct me to a good stove shop around NJ? Good selection, prices and service. I'm interested in putting in an insert in my masonary fireplace.

I like to burn, have about 4 cords cut up (most black walnut believe it or not) so I would like to do it right and get a quality insert rather than just quickly burning it all up.

Thanks to those responding.

Dave

Welcome Dave. Just a second. Calling Craig to the lobby.

Stoveworks in Medford NJ

The people are awesome- very knowledgeable, and answer all questions, taught me a lot about what to look for in a stove.
Craig used to own the store

NJ is bigger than it looks - but if South Jersey, definitely try Stoveworks - or if Berlin is handier, one of my old managers (Bill Trykowski) is the stove guy there - very knowledgeable.

If on the PA side, try Bill Ryan at the Stove Shop in Phoenixville, or the folks at Heating Alternatives (rt 212) outside of Quakertown.

None of these stores are "discounters", but they all have 25+ years of solid experience, which is worth a LOT.

All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I in central NJ (Bridgewater), but considering the time and cost, I am willing to travel to deal with the right people.

Dave

emm craig i disagree on albers. i was in there 3 years ago asking about woodstoves and epa fireplaces. They were extremely rude and arrogant, 2 different sales people told me that wood stoves are not efficient. both basically said I would be a fool to buy an EPA certified fireplace and then tried to sell me gas burners. I basically felt like an idiot when I walked out of there. Thats around the same time I found this wonderful site. Maybe they've changed their tune since demand shot up but I would never set foot in that shop.

Yeah, Albers is mainly about high end stuff - super luxury fireplace, etc.

They are more like decorators than stove people - has a lot to do with their market...they serve the Central/Northern NJ market where even years ago, 15 or 20K fireplaces were a common thing.

Where is there a Stove Shop in Paoli? I thought the Stove Shop was on Route 29 in Phoenixville? Is there a different stove shop in Phoenixville?

I need a chimney cap for a chimney that has a gas log

bvpeterson

Status
Not open for further replies.