Good source of seasoned wood in Dayton Ohio area?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backld

Nov 15, 2010
OHIO
Anyone know of a good source of wood in the Dayton ohio area? I just got my stove installed and I'm looking to buy a couple of cords to get me through the winter. PM me or post here if you know anyone selling good seasoned wood.

Thanks

I think I should have posted this to wanted. Anyone know how I can move my topic?

Wish I could help but with limited space I can only keep so much wood on hand.I cut my own so can't help with suppliers.I will make some calls.

I know Craigslist isn't always the best place but I've seen several ads that actually claim to have wood split and stacked for at least a year or two. I would personally want to see the wood before buying it but it may be worth a shot. Seems to me a guy in Piqua had a bunch and also some around the South suburbs. I'm running painfully low as well but have a promising logging job coming up that should produce a couple years of wood for me. If it turns out to be a winner I'll include all that wish to participate. The trees will be on the ground from an excavator and I'll have a bobcat on hand to load log lengths if you have equipment to haul it. About an hour soutwest of here. Not good for this year but if you get it c/s/s now it should be pretty good by next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.