Gooserider here a stove for you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use BB's link

goose I know you are leary of a cat combustor let me tell you how easy it is to get at it and clean it.
The early Encores required removing bolts, the 2550 modern model, the rear plate is held in by two cast iron wedges
Tap the up tilt the rear plate and it comes right out and its right there. As VC re engineered each model run they made replacement and access simpler.
This is about as easy as it gets. I can tell you first hand how to opperate this stove 8 hours of 450 heat plus is a reality. It is no harder to opperate than,
any stove with secondary combustion. In fact it drafts rather well. There are a lot of positive feature like ash and dustless removal.
Once you experience smokeless top loading you will never go back to side doors or front doors. Plus I will personally instruct you how to opperate it and if time allows help you install it.
Goose PM me I have other ideas

havn't cleaned mine since last season. It's clean and functioning great. Just burn hot and there isn't anything to worry about. Burn low or use damp wood and you have a problem

elkimmeg said:
Use BB's link

Plus I will personally instruct you how to opperate it and if time allows help you install it.
Goose PM me I have other ideas

Could this be another north shore southern NH members install?
Allright............. I guess I'll go on the roof :coolgrin:

Goose we have volunteer help, a Team work that has worked well in the past

elkimmeg said:
Goose we have volunteer help, a Team work that has worked well in the past
I hope it's not snowing that day :)
and also, soon football will be on saturdays too......... We better hurry

A stove party does sound like fun, I could definitely go for that idea. We are horrible housekeepers, but certainly we can do something.

As one thought, if we hold off on the party till solar heating season, we have a small but very nice in-ground pool that came with the house... Would be a great way to cool off after getting all sweaty with a stove install, and we can follow up with a bit of BBQ and a mead tasting.

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
A stove party does sound like fun, I could definitely go for that idea. We are horrible housekeepers, but certainly we can do something.

As one thought, if we hold off on the party till solar heating season, we have a small but very nice in-ground pool that came with the house... Would be a great way to cool off after getting all sweaty with a stove install, and we can follow up with a bit of BBQ and a mead tasting.

Gooserider
Yeah but you would probably have to drain it after or you would have a nice layer of ash in it ;-)

GVA said:
Gooserider said:

Gooserider
Yeah but you would probably have to drain it after or you would have a nice layer of ash in it ;-)

That's what robots are for... We put in a Polaris a few years back, and it is amazing what a difference it makes. All we have to do is empty the skimmer basket to get rid of the floating stuff, and the bag on the Polaris to get rid of the sinking stuff once or twice a week, and toss more chemistry at it. It doesn't get much less painless to have a pool than that.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.