Got a twofer yesterday (Covid booster and Flu Shot)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Other than two sore arms, no issues. I have gotten flu shots for years since I used to travel a lot on airlines. I try not to travel especially by airlines for a few years but have lived through a couple of nasty cases of flu when I skipped annual shots. Some years no doubt it was a waste but since I have been reliably getting shots I havent gotten the flu. As for Covid, I appear to have not gotten it yet and would prefer I didnt plus not a fan of possibly spreading it around. I am involved with a construction project that has been ongoing for the last year and a half and the crew rarely made it week without someone showing up with it. I hink some of the younger folks were avoiding the shots just so they could get some time off.

BTW, I also have gotten the "new" shingles and pneumonia shots previously as I have known folks who have lived through one or the other and they both are something I would like to avoid.

Flu shot next week. 4th COVID shot a bit later for me because I had COVID a couple of weeks ago. Nothing serious, likely because having gotten vaxed and boosted. I hope that the immunity from catching it will allow for a little delay, leading to a longer protection overall as the shot seems to not be effective at high levels beyond a few months.

I'm sorry if I offended you with my use of language, reducing some typing on my phone by using the suggested words.

I do think you got what I tried to say. I.e. communication succeeded.

Annual physical next month. May call to do bloodwork earlier. Will inquire about flu, COVID booster, and pneumonia shots.

Lol. And bourbon helps against respiratory issues.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Must be family thing, my dad always got the flu when he would take airplane trips and I seemed to get it after airplane trips until I started getting shots.

Flu has been really uncommon for our family once the kids finished school. That said, I will be getting the combo shots tomorrow.

I expect I will be going to a few parties over the holidays with older folks attending. I really do not want to expose anyone else.

Last edited:
I expect I will be going to few parties over the holidays with older folks attending. I really do not want to expose anyone else.
Appreciate that. Most of my friends and I are older.

Had my flue shot Thursday last week. They didn't want to give the bivalent covid booster at the same time so that they could ascribe any subsequent issues to the right shot.

So I got my covid bivalent shot yesterday. Man I am tired today. And dizzy whenever I move. That is similar to the symptoms I had when I got covid in the summer (then also with minor respiratory symptoms).

I hope this means my body is doing what it is supposed to do after the shot.

Bedtime now. Not sure if I can do a round of leaves tomorrow...

Got my twofer today. Didn’t pay attention to which arm got which but one hurts more than the other now. Pfizer Today Moderna last time Pfizer before that. I think RSV went through the house this week. It got to everyone. 4/5 kids home sick bit not all at the same time. and I lost my voice Thursday. Babies getting more teeth and has a super snotty nose. Sleep has been in short supply So I’m run down even before the shots. I’ll wait and see what tomorrow brings.