Got er' done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
Finished the chimney Thursday, dismantled and returned the scaffolding, installed the black pipe, firebrick and had my first break in fire. Thanks everyone here for all of your advice and information
over the months.

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

I have posted pictures in other threads as I've worked through this project if anyone is interersted:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/chimney-progress-pics.88651/#post-1151968

Looks good! It won't be much longer before you get to really test it out. :)

Thats looks great.... Your gonna love this coming Winter!! :)

Chimney looks awesome and its gonna be a snap to clean.

Congats

Good to see you got that pipe going vertical finally. >>

Nice work, you're going to enjoy that setup for years to come.

Good to see you are done with this Bill. Holy cow, this is August already and we know the heating season begins in September, especially where you live. Enjoy it.

Great looking installation and stove. Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks guys. Some detail work to do on the second floor tomorrow, then frame in for the drywall. I'll have to let it sit then till the 16th for the inspector. If all checks out, I'll have the drywall up and the painter scheduled to mud and repaint the closet and touch up the chase where I dropped a piece of double wall pipe and banged up the wall. LOL. (funny now, wasn't then). Probably have my second break-in fire tonight. Yaaaay!

It's a steel stove no reason to break it in!

Take a good picture of that glass you'll never see it that clean again. ;)

If you have any questions on running it let me know, maybe I can help the learning curve out a little.

That looks spectacular. Congrats on a job well done, sir.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
This looks excellentay Amundo! As the Fonz would say.

Nice job, great job on documenting it as well. That stove will serve you well, and most likely will become your closest friend when you come inside from the cold this winter....

Looks great! It will be interesting to hear how it works out for you in that hostile U.P. weather. I miss the Summers up there but the Winters, not so much.

I don't understand how you flashed the roofing into the brick veneer. I expected to see a standard step flashing where you actually grout in the upper pieces under the brick. Did you cut every brick to allow that angle? It looks great but I hate leaky roofs.

What model princess? I thought ultra but can't see the sideshields. How did the break in fires go?

I love the chimney cap.

W!!! W!
Wish mine looked that great.

What model princess? I thought ultra but can't see the sideshields. How did the break in fires go?

That's an ultra you can see the side shields sticking out past the stove body of you look on the lower right and left corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.