got my blower door/ heat lost numbers done > help me read them

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvalaska

Jul 22, 2014
nenana
Here they are ,the wife's :) place is 2600 sq feet r30 walls and r70 roof windows are triple pane w/gas
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg

Last edited:
Tarry...

Hello. Hope you guys had a great Christmas! We have been out of town for almost a month. I was able to get up to Copperstown, NY. to visit with Mark at AHONA Boilers. Great trip plus got to checkout the Baseball Hall of Fame. Beautiful country!
If I understand your report it looks like they came up with a calculation of about 32 btu per sq ft. 2600x32=83,200btu. That's close to your Net Heat Load of 83.9 MMBtu. Looks like Jan is your biggest heat loss month and that makes total since. I guess my question is what design temperature did they use for the calculation. That would be lowest expected outside temp with a 70 degree inside temp. Did they qualify your house for an energy rating for Alaska Housing?

20 below an 70 inside , using akaska warm ,this was a dry run, to help with what direction to head... 6 stars is out ..unless I dig around the whole house a extend the foam out 2 more feet ..:( .. I started this house in 2011 ..guess I was not forward looking enough ...

You must have a shallow footer setup I'm guessing? That would be the reason for the 2 feet of foam. This does also help with frost heaving issues although where you're located I'm not sure that would be that big of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.