Got the locust done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
A pile 12 feet long,10 wide and 7 feet tall at highest point.It's a load for sure.

Attachments

• Got the locust done.
    cr.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 135
  • Got the locust done.
    cr1.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Got the locust done.
    cr2.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 141
And now you wait -- 2 or 3 years == What amount of seasoning time do you think will get her done ??

And now you wait -- 2 or 3 years == What amount of seasoning time do you think will get her done ??
Year and a half direct sun,but it can be as high as you've mentioned. I've plenty on hand in the meantime some is 10 years old .

Reactions: Lakeside
A beautiful sight. I love burning that locust.

You always get quality firewood.

The thing is, that wood would be as hard as a rock 20 years from now, no rush is needed. On a side note, a friend of mine at work bought one of those homeowner ban sawmills, he's exclusively running BL through it, wants to replace his old decking with new BL boards since they last so long.