Gotta love the power company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwise.157

Burning Hunk
Oct 24, 2013
heath, ohio
Might be the only time I say this, but I gotta share some love for the local power coop. They are coming thru my mom's property, clearing the power line right-of-way. They will cut down the trees, clean up the mess, and buck the tree in lengths I need. They will stack them for me to come get. Six full sized black cherry trees and a couple oaks are coming down. I thought I died and went to heaven! The coop was ecstatic that I wanted the wood so they didn't have to get rid of it! They are doing the hard part for me, for free!

Believe me it is getting paid for by a rider! Enjoy your score though, they came through 3 years ago here I got a crazy amount of wood!

Gosh, if it's that easy don't stop there! What other nearby properties are they clearing? If you're already that much of a help to them, I'd be all over volunteering to take whatever else is inconvenient for them too.

Reactions: midwestcoast
Gosh, if it's that easy don't stop there! What other nearby properties are they clearing? If you're already that much of a help to them, I'd be all over volunteering to take whatever else is inconvenient for them too.
Unfortunately my mom lives in Amish Country. The Amish tend to use all the wood they can get. I did ask about other places, and the rep told me they didn't have a single property that wasn't taking the wood. My mom is in her late 60's, so they originally thought they would have to drag out the trucks to gather up wood at one property. Now, the tree company is doing it all and the electric co-op guys don't have to do anything.

Cherry and Oak...a couple of my faves. :cool:

Reactions: Rebelduckman
They came through my place when I was on vacation so I couldn't speak with them which was too bad. They took down a good 3-4 cords worth of wood. Did a real neat and tidy job. left the area nice and clean and all the logs running parallel with the power line either side of it. I just have to buck it to lengths I need split stack and I'm done. Too bad I wasn't around to speak to them but I was still happy when I got home to see a years worth of wood lying on the floor for me to work on this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.