Grandma door hinge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bumpo

Nov 20, 2021
New Hampshire
IMG_3959.jpeg

I was working removing my door pins on my grandma wood stove and one of the hinges broke off. Does anyone know what kind of metal the hinge and angle stock is?

View attachment 318555
I was working removing my door pins on my grandma wood stove and one of the hinges broke off. Does anyone know what kind of metal the hinge and angle stock is?
Just steel. That looks like a pretty crappy weld honestly

Yup, thats a crappy weld. Looks like someone didnt have his coffee on Monday morning. Any good welder can fix quick. A cheap flux core Mig could do it in place if you figure out how to clamp it.

Whut?

That door seal isn’t right either.

Doesn’t surprise me coming from the fabricator that lost their license to build Fishers. Probably one of the last ones before becoming All -Nighter.

If it makes you feel better, here’s a brand new door hinge on an Englander. It felt a little tight out of the box, so I was going to tap the hinge pins out, clean them with sandpaper and lubricate with some anti-seize. BOTH broke the same way. Belongs to my neighbor Dr. next door I was helping to replace a Upland 207 with and cut pipe for him. No good deed goes unpunished;

E812ED57-73A6-44E5-90C1-1012D0BF56BD.jpeg