1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Granite hearth pad nearing completion

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by waltdog, Sep 26, 2012.

1. waltdog

waltdog Member

Loc:
    North Idaho
    No rear protection is required, all clearances have been met plus a bit. The Rangely features a rear heat shield in conjunction with Double wall pipe/ appliance connector it brings the rear clearance pretty tight.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HollowHill

HollowHill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    That is one sharp looking install. Looks fantastic, every last bit of it. All the elements meld and contribute to one sweet setup. Congrats! Very well done!!!
  3. Tramontana

Tramontana Member

Loc:
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado
    Looks like an update of your Avatar is needed waltdog!

Cheers!
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Still loving this install Waltdog . . . you should send a pic to Jotul or post one on their Facebook site.
  5. KB007

KB007 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Very nice. I used black granite for our hearth and it really does look nice with the flames reflecting off it.

Did you clean your splits for the pictures? ;)

Only thing I will say is be careful with embers popping out and dropping off the ash lip. I find with our downstairs stove, embers sometimes drop out and just roll right off the hearth pad sometimes. I If I ever get to replacing the hearth pad downstairs, I've been thinking about getting granite and having them mill the middle down a little to create a lip on the outside edge to cath any falling embers/debris. With that nice floor, I'd be paranoid that I'd drop embers and burn it.
  6. Dakotas Dad

Dakotas Dad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Kentucky
    Very Nice. We like it very much.
  7. adams614

adams614 Member

Loc:
    VT
    Looks amazing, very well done.