Grate for Jotul 3cb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valhallajp

Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2009
Maine
I have a Jotul 3cb that is in need of a new grate. Is that something that the average homeowner can replace and how? Thank you

the ash grate that sits in the bottom of the stove? If I remember correctly, it just lifts out of the bottom. You may need tp pry it up with a flat head screwdriver

The ash grate in the F3 is part of the "bottom burn plate" part number 103244. At a minimum you have to take out the two bolts in the top inside of the door opening, remove the side and back burn plates and then jackass the burn plate out through the door.

You are way ahead to do it from the top by taking the top and the baffle out and lifting the stuff out through the top. Put a cargo strap around the stove before you start taking bolts out if you do it from the top to keep from breaking any seam seals in the stove body.

The plate costs around $100.

Now thats about the silliest thing I ever heard, Bart. I coulda sworn that grate was cut out seperatly, but then again, I havent seen the inside of a 3CB in a few years, and it looks like you got one. Seems like a lot of trouble to replace that item. Im gonna call Shannon my old rep and give him hell

I agree completely.

Franks said:
BrotherBart said:
I agree completely.

So you and I are basically friends now, and if I am in the area I can visit?

Well lets not get carried away here. :lol:

Here is a pic of my spare bottom burn plate.

Attachments

• f3 bottom burn plate.jpg
    f3 bottom burn plate.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.