Great Advice...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
With all the rain this year so far...Nearly 5" in June for WNY....So glad I took the advice given by the more seasoned guys on this site and finished all my wood earlier than usual. It's good to know that for 2013/14,2014/15 &2015/16 all my wood is C/S/S & ready to go if needed. Maybe sometime in the summer I'll get the itch to get going on 2016 and beyond....but it sure is nice that I'm set for a little while...Thanks to all...

Nice to be ahead , But
not good for the addiction :)
Maybe that's why BWS has so much wood, the addiction to cut wood got him 10 years ahead LOL :)

Well Dave, we've been that far ahead a couple times but not so right now. Still, we could go several years with no cutting and still have well seasoned wood on hand. ;)

Reactions: ScotO
It is a great feeling to be three seasons ahead, isn't it? Thanks to guys on here like Zap, Backwoods Savage, Wishlist and BogyDave (and lots of others), I did the same thing a few years back.....

This year, I'll be top-covering my stacks early, though. With all the friggin rain we've been getting, I want to try and stop the water getting in the stack. I'll be working on 2016/2017 this summer.....then, I'll have to start selling some of the wood I process, as I will be running out of room......

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.