1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Great Advice...

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by NordicSplitter, Jun 15, 2013.

1. NordicSplitter

NordicSplitter Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western,NY
    With all the rain this year so far...Nearly 5" in June for WNY....So glad I took the advice given by the more seasoned guys on this site and finished all my wood earlier than usual. It's good to know that for 2013/14,2014/15 &2015/16 all my wood is C/S/S & ready to go if needed. Maybe sometime in the summer I'll get the itch to get going on 2016 and beyond....but it sure is nice that I'm set for a little while...Thanks to all...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Nice to be ahead , But
    not good for the addiction :)
    Maybe that's why BWS has so much wood, the addiction to cut wood got him 10 years ahead LOL :)
    ScotO and Backwoods Savage like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Well Dave, we've been that far ahead a couple times but not so right now. Still, we could go several years with no cutting and still have well seasoned wood on hand. ;)
    ScotO likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

It is a great feeling to be three seasons ahead, isn't it? Thanks to guys on here like Zap, Backwoods Savage, Wishlist and BogyDave (and lots of others), I did the same thing a few years back.....

This year, I'll be top-covering my stacks early, though. With all the friggin rain we've been getting, I want to try and stop the water getting in the stack. I'll be working on 2016/2017 this summer.....then, I'll have to start selling some of the wood I process, as I will be running out of room......
    Backwoods Savage likes this.