Great American Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Folks

I just had 3 tons of these delivered. I was a bit ticked off, becuase the place I bought them from said they were delivering the same brand I had last year which burned real well in my old austroflamm. It will probably be a couple weeks before I start burning these so hopefully they live up to the initial reports. I am expecting 2 more tons (they ran out of room on the truck) but I think I ask them to hold off on the delivery until I have a chance to burn through some of the ones I already received. My stove clogs up pretty quick if the pellets have too much ash.

Hello Again,

I burned my first bag last night and I am less them impressed. There was a lot of ash and the heat ok but not great, although I had the stove set pretty low. The stuff is definitely not as good as what I got last year from the same place for about the same price. My stove is older and doesn't handle ash very well, so I am quite irritated with the place that sold me the great American pellets because they told me they were delivering the same they previously stocked.

I am still curious to see what other people think of these pellets.

I know Home & Hearth, on East Main Street in Cortlandt Manor, NY carries Great American at about 250/ton. When I bought my stove in September there was a Harman promotion of a free ton (up to $250) with every Accentra stove or insert, and that is what they sent.

Just got a ton of these delivered yesterday. I as was loading them into the basement I noticed every single bag had a rip at the seam. Very thin, poorly made bags. I have contacted the manufacturer and will let you know how it goes.

They were very good with communication and addressed the issue. They had a problem with the machine that seals the bags at the seams (automated). The problem has been rectified in early 2012, with additional QC put in place to catch this problem if it occurs. As long as they burn ok I will be satisfied.

They were very good with communication and addressed the issue. They had a problem with the machine that seals the bags at the seams (automated). The problem has been rectified in early 2012, with additional QC put in place to catch this problem if it occurs. As long as they burn ok I will be satisfied.
So they didn't offer you any consessions for the problem? Did you lose any pellets from the poor seams?

The only pellets I lost went into the wheelbarrow so I did recover them. They said anything we can do for you let us know. I don't know, a few bags or a discount would have been nice.

Reactions: smoke show

So they essentially admitted that many of their bags "in the wild" are leaking? Yikes.

That's called Job security in my book ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.