Great service from Tom at Chimneysweeps online

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
I had the pleasure of speaking with Tom at Chimneysweeps online.
I purchased 3 PE Summit Baffle gaskets from him. He answered several questions I had and was just all around very helpful and very kind.
Great guy to talk & deal with. Tom is definitely a guy to give some business to if your in need of something hearth related.
Thanks Tom!

It's the best woodstove site on the net bar none.

When I swept mine and removed the baffle, I also replaced the gasket just to be sure. It is small and thin and can be easily damaged. They are cheap and I will probably replace it every year when I remove the baffle to sweep.

Hog & Gunner, thanks for the kind words.

Actually, tossing a couple gaskets into an envelope wasn't much of a challenge. The job of an online retailer gets a little tougher, for example, when you have to walk a customer through a gas fireplace LP conversion kit installation over the phone. And the fireplace is a showpiece in a shopping center in Japan. Which is scheduled to open the next day. And the interpreter doesn't know what an allen wrench is. "Arn Lench? Don't have!!!!"

Truth be told, our website owes a lot to Craig Issod and this forum. Craig's site was already up and running back in 1996 when we decided to publish, and our mutual friend Danny Melcon, who was visiting at the time, E-mailed Craig with an introduction. Craig patiently responded to my many E-mail questions, and the information he shared was a tremendous help in getting our website off the ground. In years since, I've turned to the forum many times when searching for definitive answers to site visitor's questions, many of which end up in our online Sweep's Library. In fact, the present incarnation of our Pacific Spectrum Extended Burn Technology page evolved from a lively back-and-forth discussion on this forum (spearheaded by the irrepressable Frank Ivy) that motivated me to dig deeper into PE's patented system to discover exactly how it worked.

I would agree the library is a tremendous resource, I have several pages bookmarked and refer to them frequently.

I especially use your R-value chart for hearth materials, seems to be a very useful reference for doing quick calculations.

I've also swapped a couple questions w/ Tom via E-mail, and he was very helpful and encouraging even though I was quite upfront that the odds of us doing business was relatively low simply because of the distance between us.

We could get into the cat / non-cat debate, but other than that, I would definitely rate Tom and his shop as being among the top on-line retailers I've dealt with in any line of merchandise.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.