green or seasoned?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys.. never knew they had those things..

So what do you moisture meter guys do when you find out all your wood is wet?

Matt

Put it in a stove to dry it out :lol:

I wanna be a moisture meter guy! Can I? Can I? Pleeeeease!

In my area most so-called firewood dealers have no idea what they have. The last load I ordered, I asked 2 separate employees two times each if it was seasoned and ready to burn NOW?? After being assured that it was, I ordered and was delivered the wettest load of non-burning junk I've ever seen. These liars either don't know what they have or don't mind lying about it to make a sale. I'm fortunate in that I'll never have to buy wood again now that I have my own lot, but I recommend going to the dealer if possible and checking for yourself before ordering. I take some blame, because I should be more than a year ahead with my supply, but these guys are dealing with my families safety and comfort, so shame on them. I canceled the check. I'll be calling to let them know to bill me again in August and I'll pay in cash for the load of seasoned wood that I'll then have.

Status
Not open for further replies.