Green supremes not working with Harman bulk hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
I purchased 9 tons green supremes at season start. immediately I started to have problems with my lift auger in the bulk hopper breaking up the pellets. Very noisy and the process left aprox 1/2 of the pellets broken up into dust! I used graphite and it would quiet it down for a few days.
since I suspect this spring we will have problems locating pellets due to shortages created by super cold weather, with 3+ tons of pellets left I purchased 1 ton of stove chow. My bulk hopper is so quiet I thought it was broken!.
I have a call into New England pellets to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I cant see any difference between pellets but I can assure you its the pellets causing this problem. As for burning and ash...green supremes are definitely acceptable...IMHO.

This hopper has used the following pellets without ANY problems...O Malleys, stove chow, north americans, barefoots, sommersets, vermonts.
Anyone have any idea what gives?

I purchased 9 tons green supremes at season start. immediately I started to have problems with my lift auger in the bulk hopper breaking up the pellets. Very noisy and the process left aprox 1/2 of the pellets broken up into dust! I used graphite and it would quiet it down for a few days.
since I suspect this spring we will have problems locating pellets due to shortages created by super cold weather, with 3+ tons of pellets left I purchased 1 ton of stove chow. My bulk hopper is so quiet I thought it was broken!.
I have a call into New England pellets to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I cant see any difference between pellets but I can assure you its the pellets causing this problem. As for burning and ash...green supremes are definitely acceptable...IMHO.

This hopper has used the following pellets without ANY problems...O Malleys, stove chow, north americans, barefoots, sommersets, vermonts.
Anyone have any idea what gives?
So soon I will be firing my P61a up for the first time. My choice in pellets is La Crete pellets, New England Pellets, P-O-I-NT-E pellets and what ever HD or Lowes has at the moment. Should I skip the New Englands maybe ? I have no pellets at the moment but the last thing I want is crunched up pellets on start up and the whole bad experience that may bring to the table.

Last edited:
So soon I will be firing my P61a up for the first time. My choice in pellets is New England Pellets, P-O-I-NT-E pellets and what ever HD or Lowes has at the moment. Should I skip the New Englands maybe ? I have no pellets at the moment but the last thing I want is crunched up pellets on start up and the whole bad experience that may bring to the table.
My stove (and yours will too) burned everything A... OK Its a Harman! The only problem is the lift auger (5 foot lift) 2014 ebay 009.JPG

I see, what a contraption you have going on there !
works great!! Just another way to make the stove conform more to MY schedule...not me working my schedule around it!! Its a nice feeling falling asleep on the couch...waking up and going strait to bed!!!

Reactions: Augmister
Status
Not open for further replies.