Green Surpreme NH vs NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggar61

Nov 17, 2012
Central MA
Has anyone noticed a difference between Green Surpremes manufactured in NH vs NY plants? The ones I got from NH plant burned better and had less fines.

Yes thats what was said here last week, pellet's made in NH has a serial code on the bag in the FRONT left upper corner, hard to see but clear stamped in the plastic, the NY made have a code on the REAR upper left corner stamped so I read, cant find that post but was verified by GS.

Yes, I have notice the difference between the plants/mills. I get more heat and less ash from the NH mill.

One of the hearth.com members emailed them. Check his post where he copied their reply and it states the bag code location. It also states how Green Supremes are the same pellet as the NEWP's.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...mpshire-new-england-area.112870/#post-1504183
Agree with J. Although GS gets bashed here frequently I have had good results with the bags from Jaffrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.