1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Greene Gold Pellets - Anyone ever use these?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kh395269, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kh395269

kh395269 New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Hi, I already bought 4 tons of Pennington to get me through the winter -hopefully. I got them at a good price so I'm hoping they work out ok. However, I just found a dealer not toofar away in CT that is selling Green Gold pellets for $235-$240 a ton right now. Just wondering if anyone has ever used these pellets and how they are. They are manufactured in Western PA. Thanks, Kim

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    I have burned a couple bags of ther Greene Team Pellets. They are located South of Pittsburgh. I would think it is the same company. The Greene Team pellets burned good and the density was nice. The pellets were more money than I can get my current pellets, ProPellets, so it did not work out.

Eric
  3. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    What is the purpose of a plant, say Energex, selling so many different labels of pellets? Juniata, Energex, etc. I could understand if something was different, but so often they are the same type (premium) and same wood (hardwood).
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    The consumer likes choices. If I sold three different bags with the same pellets you know one person will like one bag more than another even with the exact same pellet inside. Also opens up a territory argument keeping stores close to each other from having a price war.

Eric
  5. geek

geek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    did you buy the green gold pellets from the guy? I think you might be talking about the primopellets website in Wallingford, right?
  6. mtalea

mtalea Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Ya I saw their website also...... .7 ash kinda high,I thought anything over .6 was not considered premium..I bought softwood so far this year,, they have a .35 ash and 8200btu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.