1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

greenwood 100 damper motor problem

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by enio, Dec 18, 2012.

1. enio

enio New Member

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. 2.beans

2.beans Minister of Fire

Loc:
    new hampshire
    Want to give me a call?
  3. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    What did you bypass to get the damper motor to open?
  4. enio

enio New Member

i pushed on the spring mechanisim and the damper motor started to open ,as soon as i took the screwdriver out the damper would close again, i also bleed the system last night so no more water flowing noise
  5. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Spring mechanism of the flow switch?

That seems odd to me as my thought was damper motors should be or are controlled by boiler temperature & not water flow (my old one was, and every other wood burning unit I've seen also was). But as said I know nothing about Greenwoods. Would it by chance be activated by both temp &/or flow? Could be the temp part of that is not working?
  6. enio

enio New Member

damper motor should open as soon as i plug it in, after that it should be controlled by the aqua stat i would think
  7. 2.beans

2.beans Minister of Fire

Loc:
    new hampshire
  8. enio

enio New Member

sorry for not getting back sooner , but i just fixed the boiler on saturday , i want to thank everyone for there advise it really came in handy. so what was the problem, the supply line from the reservor on the top of the boiler was plugged with debris . The plummer that installed the system 4 years ago have put 4 elbows in that line ,so over time they got plugged and no more suppy to the main boiler , thats why the system was gurggling and why the damper wanted to close , it was because the flow switch wasnt sensing any flow. so after taking down the resovor tank , flushing it , and installing a new line with no elbows , filling the tank back up , we crossed our fingers and sure enough she roared back to life . running even better than ever , merry x-mas to everone