Greenwood Aspen 175 door gasket material size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMDDIESEL

May 4, 2015
New Hampshire
Greetings! Love browsing the forums here but i now have a question i was hoping someone on here could answer. I have a Greenwood Aspen 175 Boiler which is long overdue for a new loading door gasket and i would like to replace the secondary burn chamber gasket and flue access door gasket as well. I had spoken to Pro Fab (The company who took over the Greenwood Aspen design) about ordering the necessary gasket materials. about 6 months ago. They said all the doors use the same size gasket material. I was planning on ordering them this fall and when i called to do just that i realized Pro Fab is no more.
I have called every place i could find online that claims to offer parts for these boilers and none of them know anything about these gaskets. I have found the "rope" style gasket and the flat style gasket materials at my local hardware store but the gaskets on my boiler are so caked in creosote and flattened out that i cannot tell what type they were and what width they originally were.
I have a parts list from Pro Fab for this boiler but it simply says "Gasket material". No picture of it and no mention of what style. Does anybody know for sure what type of material i should be buying for this application? Thank you all in advance.

You may want to contact this guy. He also has a couple recently posted videos of doing a gasket replacement job.

http://www.woodheatmi.com/

Generally speaking, if the groove on the door that accepts the gasket is 1" wide then I would use a 1" rope material. If you install something too small it will flatten out into the groove too much the first time the door is shut.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.