Grizzly wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djthomas

Oct 26, 2006
I found a 1989-90 Grizzly wood stove insert with catalyst that the owner is selling for $225.00. There is a problem with the damper rod. The owner tells me the stove gets so hot that the rod disconnects from the damper plate. He has had it reconnected in the past by a guy who used to do chimney work. I need to know if there is a permanent solution to this problem. I don't want to pull a 575 lb. stove out of the fireplace every time it comes disconnected.

I have this same insert. Before you install it try bending the rod so it stays in the damper better. Mine was about to come out so I had to do this. He must have been running that stove hot for that to happen. I have not had a problem with it coming loose. You could weld it but it will be difficult because IIRC that damper is a big block of cast iron.

gebbert01 said:
I am tring to find the owners manual for my grizzly insert any sugestions

yeah... dont double post. I already replied to the new thread you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.