1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Guitar lessons with Dad

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by bfunk13, Jun 15, 2012.

1. bfunk13

bfunk13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wyoming
    I bought my son a Les Paul mini a couple years ago for Christmas.
    I could tell at the time he was not impressed. Played it for 2 minutes and there it sat in the case. I never pushed him to do anything so i figured maybe some day.
    The other night i was playing a couple tunes and he comes in with his guitar and says "i want to learn to do that" . I figured the guitar would end up on ebay or something eventually. Well a couple, three times a week we have a little lesson. He is learning little bits at a time, sometimes its pretty noisy, but damn does he look cool!

DSC07050_2.JPG
    GAMMA RAY, DexterDay and ScotO like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

A fine young man you have there. He may grow up to be a Rock God... Or just ring a tune around the campfire. Either way, you should be proud, Dad... ;)

I have a 10 yr old thats into everything I was into. He loves to play baseball, football, Scouts, and also ride Quads amd Dirtbikes.
    bfunk13 likes this.
  3. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I hope he picks it up. It may be frustrating at first, but once he hits a few easy chords, it may fall into place.

My son tries to play "Man of constant sorrow" on his small acoustic. He is out of tune and does not hit a note, but it sounds great. I figure that at some point he will take an interest and learn some chords and a simple song...

I used this site to learn chords:

http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php
    bfunk13 likes this.
  4. bfunk13

bfunk13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wyoming
    I have been playing off and on for 25 years.

The internet is an awesome resource for guitar instruction.