Had a senior moment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thisoldgoat

Burning Hunk
Dec 26, 2017
Rice County MN
I filled the bar oil reservoir with fuel mix, then caught myself as I was about to fill the fuel tank with bar oil. Does anyone else do stupid stuff like that? C'mon old goat... must focus.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Another sr. moment. Fill saw gas/oil tank. Recap Jugs, pick up saw. Spill oil/gas all over everything from uncapped saw tanks. More than once.

Another sr. moment. Fill saw gas/oil tank. Recap Jugs, pick up saw. Spill oil/gas all over everything from uncapped saw tanks. More than once.
Been there, done that, got the oil stain on the tailgate/bedliner.

After filling with Bar Oil, I had a hard time capping the Stihl, tried multiple times, I thought the case was broken, almost threw the saw out to trash but figured I'd take it to a repair shop for an estimate, the guy at the counter capped it with ease. I now have markings to help in placing the cap......yep, felt like an idiot. I believe I posted here when it happened, most told me it wasn't worth replacing the case not knowing I was doing it wrong.

After filling with Bar Oil, I had a hard time capping the Stihl, tried multiple times, I thought the case was broken, almost threw the saw out to trash but figured I'd take it to a repair shop for an estimate, the guy at the counter capped it with ease. I now have markings to help in placing the cap......yep, felt like an idiot. I believe I posted here when it happened, most told me it wasn't worth replacing the case not knowing I was doing it wrong.
The stihl 441 I had, it decided to puke all the bar oil on me a few times from the cap not locking right.

Indo that to often. And I am not a senior lol

Tried to move up the truck seat just like I did so many times for years and I could not get it to budge so I took it to a mechanic to figure out and I found out I was trying to move it with the wrong lever. clancey

Tried to move up the truck seat just like I did so many times for years and I could not get it to budge so I took it to a mechanic to figure out and I found out I was trying to move it with the wrong lever. clancey
My mother did that. Only her problem was a bottle under the seat preventing it from moving.

My wife also took her car to the garage because there was a strong smell of gas inside. The mechanic took her friends chainsaw she had picked up for me to work on out of the trunk. Lol

I filled the bar oil reservoir with fuel mix, then caught myself as I was about to fill the fuel tank with bar oil. Does anyone else do stupid stuff like that? C'mon old goat... must focus.
Never done that myself but...
I have bought a few saws that didn't run where the two had been mixed up
Happens a lot on older saws where the two tanks are next to each other

Reactions: duramaxman05
not a senior moment, come to shop saw sitting in front door note - free chain, brake don't work, for experts only. brought in looked at it the other day brake handel all floppy pulled back snaps into place. haven't run it yet but the brake works- craftsman unit about 50cc . course there are times set a tool down then can't find even though it is in plain sight and with in reach. Don't have to be senior for a lot of this kind a thing either.

The Sthil dealer let me know my dad straight gassed two saws. He has all kinds of red gas cans all over the place. He has no idea where the mixed can is. So bad, I would fry a saw at his house.

I am so careful, only one special gallon is mixed.