Hag Hausen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 1/2 cord- stacked pretty fast on one pallet. The largish pine pieces here make it a bit (marc) messier. Next one will be oak- prolly a bit neater

haghausen.jpg

NIIIIICE. I like the display of your wares, I've been to your website, cool stuff.

I expect your next one to be a Hot Hauzen.

Adios Pantalones said:
That was stuff out of the "smash"/shard pile. In the fall it was a pumpkin in there.
Ive got 9 cords that needs to be done beer's on me!

Fuel Art. Very nice. Kinda like spelling words with the noodles in your alphabet soup before devouring them...except you get to look at this a bit longer (presumably). Rick

AP that is GREAT!

Especially for one pallet worth. You've been busy lately?

I like this a lot. My only question is.... Will this stay up after it seasons? My piles seem to want to shift a lot when they dry out and I wonder if the house would get to tilting a lot.

I am often asked if my round holz hausen are hollow. Can you stand up inside that hag hausen?

Preused ufO brOKer said:
piss-poor wood drying per design, though pretty

Not sure I agree my man- it's smaller than a holtz haus so that moisture gets out easier. A standard HH i supposed to dry almost as quick as a freestanding stack. Easy to cover with scrap plywood

It's a bit thicker than a double layer stack, but not as wide. Got to think in 3 dimensions... or 5 if you're fixin junker UFO's for resale

I Agree with the looks/ space. Drying time has been shown to be on par with a straight stack, but a HH you could probably count as "landscaping". Not that I personally think a straight wood pile is detrimental to the looks of a yard(I rather like the look it adds), but folks with Homeowner's ASSociations or whiny neighbors will probably get much more leeway with 5 cord in a HH thn 5 cord in straight stacks.

The HH and this design are different- only reason I like the aesthetics more than straight stack (which I do like as well)

With the hag Haus (named after me- Paul Haigh)- I can count the number, divide by 2- and know how many cord there are

Adios Pantalones said:
I can count the number, divide by 2- and know how many cord there are

Wait a minute...I..I..I...think I got it.

Attachments

• monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 344
Status
Not open for further replies.