Half way there!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
3 Cords cut and split. I have probably another 3 cords that have been drying for 3 years where I need to cut them down. The new stove is smaller than the old smokedragon! I also have about 1 1/2 or cords cut to length not split for the last year and a half. Sadly no oak in the bunch :down: I am really late this year as I usually have the wood for the current year and most of the next done by now. THats the price for knee surgery and kids I guess.

Just finished splitting and piling my wood Friday. Ten cords, mostly sugar maple with some cherry, ash & oak. Took me a total of 34.75 hours to split in 11/2 or up to 2 hour time slots. Had to give my back a rest between or I could not continue in the afternoon. I already have three cords from last year so thirteen cords should last for four years. I'm sure this fall I'll be back cutting and splitting as long as I'm able.
Ed

I'm thinking I have 40FC's already in the box and while it's still cool out I'm still cutting and splitting for '09...hard to tell exactly how much I have cause I pile my wood high on a pad of run a crush. But from experience I can tell ya it's way more that I need for a season. Soon as it get hot I'm done...that the time for boating and golf...unless it cools down again then I seg back to wood...you can never have too much.

I have a lot of work to do. :bug: Rick

Attachments

• woodweb.jpg
    woodweb.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 291
fossil said:

Time to stock up on Ibuprofen. :)

colebrookman said:
...Time to stock up on Ibuprofen. :)

Yeah man, that's gotta be cheaper than diesel for the tractor and gas for the splitter. :-S Rick

Rick wins! We should all go to his house and drink beer and watch him split it. I bet if I tried I could drink beer for up to 14 hours if I had to! :coolsmirk:

I also just dropped a tree at my parents. A bout 3/4 of a ranger load. The neighbor came over and asked what we were doing with the wood. I told him I burn it to heat the house. He has about 2 ranger truck loads he wants to get rid of. I asked him what kind...mostly ash. Life is good. It is cut to length and only needs to be split. It has been down and stacked for 2 years!!!

burntime said:
Rick wins! We should all go to his house and drink beer and watch him split it. I bet if I tried I could drink beer for up to 14 hours if I had to! :coolsmirk:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell ya what, burntime...you all come on over and HELP me split & stack, and I guarantee there'll be plenty of beer to go around...when we're done. Well, maybe some while we're working, just to keep the dust out of our throats, of course...but plenty when we're done, fer sure. See ya soon, I hope. Rick

We're on the way Rick. Go ahead and start without us and we will be there shortly.

We'll be your A-Gang

fossil said:

Yes, but the difference is it will be ready for buring this fall (take that all your hardwood eastenders :lol: )

BrotherBart said:
We'll be your A-Gang

What, and sit around smoking dope and staging a gay rights demonstration while I'm splitting wood? Lemme think about this. :lol: Rick

A little bit of lienies just spilled out my nose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.