hamer's hot ones ultra premium

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilejamaica

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2008
hartford ct
well i went to Burn Time Enterprises in bristol ct , to check out the sale and i bought a few bags of hamer's also a few bags of the okanagan pellets for a sampling of a different product.even though i think the okanagan guy on this site is a little pushy i put that aside to check out there gear.i think the hamers are an a+ product. high heat little fines and hardly any ash. for 270.00 a ton in ct thats not a bad deal .i never tried the okies yet but they look like a great product (no wonder why the guy is confident about his product )no fines in the bag . they do have a very strong smell though i only bought 3 bags and my entire house smells like them . as soon as i open the door i can smell them . im thinking about buying some hamer's for next winter ahead of time .whats your take on the hamer's .

Smilejamaica,

And what do the Okanagans smell like when you open the door???

Ranger

im talking about when i open the house door after i come home from work /gym.it is a very strong smell hard to tell almost like a pine smell but not really .im not sure if it is something i could deal with or not . i only have 3 bags i wonder what it would be like if i had a ton

smilejamaica said:
.......im not sure if it is something i could deal with or not . i only have 3 bags i wonder what it would be like if I had a ton

You wouldn't be storing the whole ton inside your house, would you? By all acounts, the Okies are a great pellet. Don't know anything about Hamer's "Super Premium". IMO, if their the same price, burn the one that burns best/cleanest in your stove.

macman said:
smilejamaica said:
.......im not sure if it is something i could deal with or not . i only have 3 bags i wonder what it would be like if I had a ton

You wouldn't be storing the whole ton inside your house, would you? By all acounts, the Okies are a great pellet. Don't know anything about Hamer's "Super Premium". IMO, if their the same price, burn the one that burns best/cleanest in your stove.

yes i do store my pellets in the house i got 4 tons in the basement right now. with no hatchway i carry them down stairs 1 bag at a time . i have 3 newp 1 ton bayou. the smell is not even 1 tenth as strong as the 3 bags of okies . but those are hardwood okies are soft. not sure if that maters . im not trying to bad mouth the pellets they look like very clean pellets . im waiting to burn the hamer's then ill test the okies im sure they are an a+ pellet

BTU said:
smilejamaica said:
macman said:
smilejamaica said:

yes i do store my pellets in the house i got 4 tons in the basement right now. with no hatchway i carry them down stairs 1 bag at a time . i have 3 newp 1 ton bayou. the smell is not even 1 tenth as strong as the 3 bags of okies . but those are hardwood okies are soft. not sure if that maters . im not trying to bad mouth the pellets they look like very clean pellets . im waiting to burn the hamer's then ill test the okies im sure they are an a+ pellet

Most people think the smell of the Okie's reminds them of having a Xmas tree in the house and just about everyone likes that smell (maybe all, but certainly most)
its not a foul smell its just strong. the bottom line is how they burn. most if not all on this site love them thats why i wanted to test them myself. im burning them now . if they are as good as i think they are you found a new customer
tim

Lousyweather said:
lasagna....mine smell like lasagna
lasagna is not good for you to much cheese ... i always liked veal or chicken better .

(Think Homer Simpson here) Ooooooooohhhhhh.....Lasagna....mmmmmmmaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhh (drooling, etc.) :)

CanadaClinker said:
.......my ligs smell like old partridge.....
Eeewwwwww.....that doesn't sound anywhere as delicious as lasagna......Must be something about living up there in Canada. LOL

macman said:
CanadaClinker said:
.......my ligs smell like old partridge.....
Eeewwwwww.....that doesn't anywhere as delicious as lasagna......Must be something about living up there in Canada. LOL

.....I think it's .....all the fresh air.....makes everything 'taste better'...even 'old partridge'.... but not road kill !.... cc LOL :lol:

i think im going to buy a ton of each of these for next year . i just love the hamer's probably the best pellet for my stove .the okies seem to be just as good so far .nice .... i love finding new pellets that i just love

smilejamaica said:
i think im going to buy a ton of each of these for next year . i just love the hamer's probably the best pellet for my stove .the okies seem to be just as good so far .nice .... i love finding new pellets that i just love

...... yup! ......you got the bug..... real bad!...... just like the rest of us!! ..... cc :lol:

CanadaClinker said:
smilejamaica said:

...... yup! ......you got the bug..... real bad!...... just like the rest of us!! ..... cc :lol:
you are right . its like a good sickness.

i just burned some hammers...very clean, low ash, great heat.......left the stove settings where they were and put in the ROCKY'S, had to lower the settings they burned that HOT.

HEMI said:
i just burned some hammers...very clean, low ash, great heat.......left the stove settings where they were and put in the ROCKY'S, had to lower the settings they burned that HOT.
Glad to hear hemi....I have a 68 bags of rockies I "stole" from a disgruntled pellet burner this past summer (had no idea they had to clean their stove).

I'm burning through the Premiers I bought for "shoulder season"......am really looking forward to trying the Rockies too!

are you talking about the Rocky Mountain pellets . i was trying those next week . when i can get back down to bt . those and the barefoot are my next testing product . i love going to bt its like they have every brand you can think of . the people are so nice also .

smilejamaica said:
are you talking about the Rocky Mountain pellets . i was trying those next week . when i can get back down to bt . those and the barefoot are my next testing product . i love going to bt its like they have every brand you can think of . the people are so nice also .
yes ROCKY MOUNTAIN....BAREFOOT is also a great pellet...as far as BT goes, with the supply they have on hand I'm thinking they might keep running these sales..lets hope any way

Burned 8 tons of Hamers, both "regular" premium and ultra premium. The ultrapremiums are outstanding! FYI the regulars are wrapped in a plastic sleeve which lifts off whereas the ultras are shrink wrapped.

BTU said:
smilejamaica said:
macman said:
smilejamaica said:

Okie's reminds them oMost people think the smell of the f having a Xmas tree in the house and just about everyone likes that smell (maybe all, but certainly most)

Keep hearing okies smell like a christmas tree... not like any christmas tree ive ever had. But it is kind of a piney smell

jack56 said:
Keep hearing okies smell like a christmas tree... not like any christmas tree ive ever had. But it is kind of a piney smell
you are right they dont smell like a christmas tree to me either . but the pellet is a quality pellet.

ohbix said:
Burned 8 tons of Hamers, both "regular" premium and ultra premium. The ultrapremiums are outstanding! FYI the regulars are wrapped in a plastic sleeve which lifts off whereas the ultras are shrink wrapped.
thanks for the info i did not know the had regular premium . i think the place i got these only had the ultra .

Status
Not open for further replies.