Hampton door latch question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulldownclaw

Feeling the Heat
Mar 2, 2007
Richmond, Va
Hey there guys and gals.

I adjusted the door latch to my Hampton per the manual and I'm wondering if any of you know where the latch is supposed to catch on the handle. I only took out 1 spacer and the door was so tight after I did that I was afraid I was going to break the handle trying to open the door. I don't have a picture of it, but where the handle attatches to the latch there is a round metal piece which can be adjusted up and down a little. I'm wondering if when you latch the door if that piece is supposed to rest in notch #1 in my picture, or is it supposed to seat all the way down at the bottom in #2? Sorry if this question is a little confusing....

Attachments

• Hampton Door Latch.jpg
    Hampton Door Latch.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 201
Been there done that. The correct answer is 1. I did it by getting caught on 2 and had to know the pin out to get the door to open. Your next question will be how tight should the door fit. Its amazing the seal you get and the door seems loose??? The flames are not dancing so you know it is sealed. I double checked the temp again on my insert...when its going well and choked down just over 200 degrees with the thermometer on the shelf. If it drops below 120 time to load up again. PS, make sure you pull the blower assembly out from underneath it and vacuum the fans, they can get a lot of stuff on them...I have 3 animals and the dust from them and the ash build up. O'yeah, pour a glass of bourbon and enjoy the flames.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering how to remove blower assembly from the bottom of HI300 unit. The manual I believe shows how to install it but really doesn't explain the removal. I also have two large dogs that shed alot and I suspect the hair is being sucked up into the blower assembly.

Slide it out and vacuum it, thats it. As far as hair...you'll know when it burns ;~) Its actually pretty easy, just be carefull when you take it out or in so you don't chip it.

Definitely enjoying burning it, burntime. I've been pretty impressed with it so far, and am surprised in finding coals in the morning after not really packing the firebox too full.

The biggest thing I can think of is make sure the wood is really dry. If in doubt let it sit a few months more. The difference in heat output is tremendous from ok wood to really dry wood. Hopefully I helped, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.