Happy New Year, Thank You All and Goodbye (for now)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Hi all
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, and with the old one going out, I thought it was an appropriate time to drop a last message and say goodbye, for now. Not that I've posted a whole lot in the last while anyway. A move back in the early fall meant that I no longer have the use of my beloved PE Summit insert and am now a city dweller, having to depend on a pitiful little NG direct vent for my fire fix. However it may not be forever. I still have property back in the old place and I have a few old smoke creators that I can burn when I return to visit.
Hat's off to Craig and all the regular contributor's to the forum. All of you made this an interesting and informative place to hang out and get all the information I needed to safely and properly set up and use my Summit.
I'll try and check back from time to time, but a new hobby (wine making) has me spending most of my spare time on wine related forums, and I just can't seem to get back here as often as I'd like.

Hmmm...started drinking wine about the time I installed the Summit, sitting around on a winter's eve with a good red, so I guess there's a connection.

Take care all and have a happy, healthy 2009.
Burn safe.

Willhound

Well that is a damned shame. You will surely be missed as you have been since away.
Thanks for all you have brought the forum in the past and the help you personally brought me.
Cheers to a great burning brethren!!!!!!!!

NG? arghhhhhhh thats blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

You can send me that Summit since you no longer need it!!!!!!!!;)

You and I have not chatted directly (that I'm aware of) but I wanted to say thank you and a Happy New Year to you also! Thanks to you and all the other souls giving input around here. I enjoy reading what I may not be directly involved in and I absorb something from every thread.

It sounds like the forum will be missing a good person!

Peace brother!

Dang it guy don't be a stranger around here. I was wondering about you this weekend. Went back and looked at those pics of the hot ash buckets in the snow. Those are still the funniest pictures I have ever seen.

Happy New Years Will. Hope you'll pop in on occasion to kibitz and keep us up to date. Your avatar is too cool to retire. Stop by and set a spell when you get a chance. We'll keep a cabernet on the rack for ya.

Thanks guys
Don't worry, I've been dropping in from time to time to see what's up whenever I can, and will continue to do so. Just didn't want anybody thinking I dropped off the earth or something.
I'll make sure to update my e-mail address in my profile too, just in case somebody has a "burning" Summit issue. ;-)

Sorry Hogz bro, Summit stayed with the old house (which I am still trying to sell). Tell you what, give me $179,000 for the Summit and I'll throw in the house.

Craig, I have to agree that after a long day at work, it is pretty easy to just flip a switch and get NG flame...(ooohh blasphemy...). But, it just ain't the same as sitting back and watching that awesome secondary burn. Oh well, this relocation might be only for a few years, and then I can get back out onto a larger property where I can burn full time again.

All the best in 2009 gang.

Willhound

Status
Not open for further replies.