Happy Thanksgiving........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BradH70 said:
Food, beer, football, family and friends. It is going to be a great day to give thanks.
Now there's a man with his priorities in order! Blessings and Love to all....
Erin

vettechick said:
BradH70 said:
Food, beer, football, family and friends. It is going to be a great day to give thanks.
Now there's a man with his priorities in order! Blessings and Love to all....
Erin

No it should have been football, beer, food, friends and family! (In that order!) ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The oven in the kitchen is keeping the house warm enough that the pellet stove is off. :(

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am STUFFED, just like the turkey was! Let's hope we all have many more Thanksgivings to celebrate!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

In Scandinavia we have harvest festivals that have something in common with the Thanksgiving. But this festival is earlier, in october, since the harvest is earlier due to our more northernly location... Denmark is at the height of Hudson Bay in Canada and I believe that Thanksgiving Day in Canada is in the beginning of november. It makes sense.

I've done a little homework by reading a very interesting article on Thanksgiving Day from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

According to the tradition the first Thanksgiving was celebrated in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1621.

Jennie A. Brownscombe made a very beautiful painting of this in 1914 and I find the scenery very realistic, too. Enjoy it below:

Attachments

• Thanksgiving-Brownscombe'.jpg
    Thanksgiving-Brownscombe'.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 116
capecod said:
Thanks as well to all service men and women past and present for protecting our freedom and keeping us safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Amen

Stovensen said:
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

In Scandinavia we have harvest festivals that have something in common with the Thanksgiving. But this festival is earlier, in october, since the harvest is earlier due to our more northernly location... Denmark is at the height of Hudson Bay in Canada and I believe that Thanksgiving Day in Canada is in the beginning of november. It makes sense.

I've done a little homework by reading a very interesting article on Thanksgiving Day from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

According to the tradition the first Thanksgiving was celebrated in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1621.

Jennie A. Brownscombe made a very beautiful painting of this in 1914 and I find the scenery very realistic, too. Enjoy it below:

That's excellent, Thank You for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.