Happy with the harman!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.....hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year! I've been super busy this fall, I haven't posted in a while. Just as a refresher I bought the used Accentra FS, used, just before fall last year. I've got it installed in the basement ( oak hooked up) and it works like a dream! Granted we've had warmer temps so far, but even still by now it would be in the high 40's to low 50's down there with no heat. Even just burning sporadically its held a constant 62 down there. When I fire the stove up I can bring it up to 80 in what seems like no time. My home is a cape cod. We've been opening the basement door, and I'll put a fan on low on the top step, it will heat the basement to ~78, the first floor to ~68 and even get some heat all the way to the second floor. The basement and first floor are 1100sq each and about 790 second floor. I'm so, so, so, happy.....best thing I ever did! It's so nice to go down stairs and either work out in my gym, or work in my shop and not freeze my tail off. As an added bonus, I know I'm saving money, because my boiler and dw heater aren't freezeing their pipes off down there either. My advice.....buy a Harman......you won't be sorry.

PS..... Thank you to everyone here for being so nice and all the advice.....really nice forum!
Ken.

Lots of good and bad stoves out there. I have had my new p43 exactly one year and I thought going into it I was only supplementing my heat pump but with temps in the 20s the heat pump never kicks on. So I am very pleased also. Glad to see you back.

Lots of good and bad stoves out there. I have had my new p43 exactly one year and I thought going into it I was only supplementing my heat pump but with temps in the 20s the heat pump never kicks on. So I am very pleased also. Glad to see you back.
like anything else they work great when new. I have the P 43 after a few years some parts have to be replaced. the people here are great and the more you read up here the better you will understand the stove

Kennyz and rcook - glad you are still happy with your stoves. We like to hear when things are going great instead of usually just hearing when things go wrong :).

image.jpg
May not be the most galmourous looking install, but like I said....it works awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.