Hardwood Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find that I don't have to spend all that time and energy slapping mosquitoes! Of course, wiping the nose gets aggravating at times as do the fogging glasses.

Yup, -4F predicted for me tonight, I've been loading the stove, and burning the coals quick for a quick reload. I try to get the house into the low 70's (74 or so) be evening - makes it easier to keep the nighttime temps from falling too much. It was about 5* last night, and the house was 72* at bed. Woke up at 3am to stoke - house was still 70*. Decided to wait. Woke at 6am, house down to 66*! Loaded up right away! I'm stretching my tiny stash of oak by mixing with the ash - lovin' the ash/oak mix! Keep warm everyone! Cheers!

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
This Yank don't get tired of snow cover.

Just gigging yous guys a bit. Actually, I love the snow. It's the one thing I wish we had more of here. I love our spring, summer, and especially fall weather. We get plenty enough cold weather for me(my nearest reporting station was down to 3 last night). Just would like more snow to go with our occasional bouts of cold weather.

Single digit temps are forecast for tonight. I guess it is time to get into the secret emergency White Oak stash...if I can find it under the foot or so of snow out there.

Coach B said:
Just gigging yous guys a bit. Actually, I love the snow. It's the one thing I wish we had more of here. I love our spring, summer, and especially fall weather. We get plenty enough cold weather for me(my nearest reporting station was down to 3 last night). Just would like more snow to go with our occasional bouts of cold weather.

Couldn't agree more. Cold sucks {down the FW} without snow.

But We could work out a trade . . . I'll send ya some snow, you send me a couple Southern Gals . . . :red: I mean, it's 4* here now . . . I need someone to . . . stack yesterday's haul :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.