harman accentra installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletwood

Hearth Supporter
May 1, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
Here is my Harman Accentra installed.
Still some work to do, painting and installing the wood trim on the hearth.
First picture is the hole made in the Terra cotta wall of my house.
Had the first fire on Sat. night but no pictures of that.

Attachments

• accentra.JPG
    accentra.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,033
Well here is the first picture of the hole in wall.
first picture post!!!

Attachments

• wall hole.JPG
    wall hole.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 827
xpellet freakx said:
what did you use to make the opening a 12 GA.?
LMAO! Give that man a Sawzall :) My wife says I do projects that require me to buy at least one new tool but she's wrong. I also plan a second project for the new tool so I can justify the purchase as a "profit" over simply using it once! (I think I'm on project #4 or 5 for the Sawzall though - she got it for me for Christmas one year so I try to find some use for it every year...now the pneumatic floor stapler, that's a different story <grin>)

A 12 GA. would have been easier!!
The outside of my house is Terra cotta block, very hard stuff.
Even my concrete drills get dull very fast.
Buying a carbide grit 6" hole saw was going to cost over $100.00 and forget the diamond version.
So the cheapest was a star chisel and 2.5 pound hammer and 2.5 hrs of labor.

i was just joking, i saw the cement blocks in the pic, knew it must of been a chore

I like the tiles....is that slate? or something else?

heavy stove, eh?

I asked this on another thread, but didn't get an answer: can you cut slate tiles w/ a tile-cutter? (the simple score-and-snap type). or do you have to use a saw or other cutting device?

xpellet freakx said:
what did you use to make the opening, a 12 GA.?

ROFLMAO :lol: Same thought went through my mind too, but it DOES look like it was a project.

cac4 said:
I asked this on another thread, but didn't get an answer: can you cut slate tiles w/ a tile-cutter? (the simple score-and-snap type). or do you have to use a saw or other cutting device?

You will need a wet diamond saw, you can rent one for about $40.00

Can't help but laugh at that hole in the wall. I'll be experiencing something nearly the same. I have what is called 'Cinderbrick' for my outside walls. Kind of like cinderblocks but only 4 inches high. I hope to not have that much trouble though. Amazing all the trouble we go through with home projects. Never did I think one of them would be putting in a wood pellet stove. I'll post a picture of my install in the future, though I'll keep the shotgun out of the picture.

bungalobob said:
Can't help but laugh at that hole in the wall. I'll be experiencing something nearly the same. I have what is called 'Cinderbrick' for my outside walls. Kind of like cinderblocks but only 4 inches high. I hope to not have that much trouble though. Amazing all the trouble we go through with home projects. Never did I think one of them would be putting in a wood pellet stove. I'll post a picture of my install in the future, though I'll keep the shotgun out of the picture.

They make a core drill, used frequently in the construction industry, sorta like a hole saw, but made for concrete. Does a nice job, most equipment rental places around here have them at reasonable price. Still, a properly placed charge of high explosive is a hell of a lot more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.