Harman Accentra Pellet Insert Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chowee21

Nov 15, 2014
Missouri
I have been running into some issues this year on start up of my pellet insert. The stove was just cleaned and serviced, and i have burned 3 bags no problem. The forth bag has brought up the following issues:

First issue: the pellets feed in and the ignition works, but then distribution blower never kicks on. The stove eventually shuts off and the status light begins to blink.

Second issue: If i get it running correctly, then the stove will begin to shut down and stop feeding and the status light begins to blink. (6 blinking lights)

Third issue: When it shuts down, the combustion blower will continue to blow lightly for an extended period of time.

The issues don't necessarily happen sequentially, but more sporadically. I will turn off and sometimes unplug to try to reset it but it continues to have the same issues.

Any idea what is going on?

6 blink status light indicates poor or incomplete combustion. That usually means a venting or air intake issue. I know you just had it cleaned and serviced but that is where I would start.

Welcome to the forum...we'll try to get you going.

6 blink status light indicates poor or incomplete combustion. That usually means a venting or air intake issue. I know you just had it cleaned and serviced but that is where I would start.

Welcome to the forum...we'll try to get you going.

Thanks!

What steps should I take to check this?

So it's an insert. Can you describe the venting up the chimney? Did they clean all of that? Can you pull the stove out and make sure your air intake and exhaust aren't restricted by some fluke?

Status
Not open for further replies.