Harman Accentra Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikeb765

Jan 26, 2016
Idaho
Hey Guys, I replaced the igniter in Harman Accentra. It is chain driven.

After replacing ignitor, the combustion fan continues to run. Could I have hooked up the wires backwards? I had a 50/50 chance of doing it right?

The reason I ask is, after unplugging accentra from the wall, I opened door and the burn pot still felt very warm? As though the ignitor is is making the stove think that the blower still needs to run?

Any recomendations?

Are you saying it is running after a fire? If so for how long? Did the new igniter work?

When I turn the fan setting to off, the fire goes out. Auger stops feeding etc.

But the combustion fan continues to run...

Yep new ignitor works. Just wonder if I need to swap the two wire connections on the new ignitor? Cause the burn pot felt hot after after fire went out after 45 minutes out an hour?

It should be a two wire igniter, should not make any difference.

Sounds like you need a circuit board also. I have seen that happen, relay on board sticks and burns igniter out.

Looks like everything is working.

After running the stove hot and turning it off with fan knob and then going to bed, the stove AND combustion blower shut down just fine.

Guess I didnt wait long enough, thanks for the help.